Bar Attachment Denture / Attached Teeth
The Bar Attachment Denture is the modern solution for all missing teeth.
If you have lost all your teeth, unsecured traditional dentures are a solution which in many cases has limited success. At times painful, inconvenient and instable, such dentures can make chewing food difficult, which could stop you from eating many of the foods you once enjoyed. However, modern oral surgery has solutions to suite a variety of needs. The Bar Attachment Denture treatment option is one such solution.
The Bar Attachment Denture treatment concept replaces your missing teeth wtih a full dental bridge supported by only four dental implants. With less implants needed, overall treatment time is reduced. The unique Bar Attachment Denture solution also ensures greater stability in the bone, reducing the need for bone graft surgery to increase bone volume.
Typically, your dentist can place temprorary provisional teeth on the same day after treatment. These provisional teeth look and feel much like natural teeth, and you can lead a normal life immediately after surgery. After a few weeks healing time, your dentist will place your final bridge. Your quality of life is improved, and you can start enoying your favorite foods again.
Dental implants offer you many advantages:
- A cost effective solution. Your new replacement teeth require only four implants for each jaw. With fewer implants required, the cost is lowered.
- Reduced need for bone grafting. The special tilting of two of the implants ensures a secure and stable anchorage for the replaced arch, typically making bone grafting unnecessary.
- Faster treatment and healing time. Your replacement arch can be attached to your implants immediately after insertion. There is no need to wait for healing time between surgery and tooth replacement.
- Flexible options. You can choose a final prosthetic solution that is best for you, such as a fixed option (one with highest durability and chewing function, but cannot be removed) or a removable option (can be removed by you for easy cleaning).
- Scientifically proven and documented. Bar Attachment Denture is supported by good clinical outcomes from studies in which four implants have been inserted to support a full replacement arch. The tilting of implants has been used in clinical practice for over a decade wtih favorable results.
Source: Bar Attachment Denture (Trademark) pamphlet 71597 B GB, Copyright Nobel Biocare Services AG, 2010.