Please be advised that antibiotics and many other medications can decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills.
We will do everything we can to keep you comfortable and make you feel at ease throughout your surgical experience at our office.
Please follow these instructions so that you may receive the best possible care:
- Please make arrangements for someone to drive you to the office and home after your procedure. Make sure you have someone to stay with you the day of surgery.
- ABSOLUTELY NO DRIVING until the day after surgery. Your escort should be prepared to stay in our reception room during your surgery.
- Please leave your cell phones at home or with your escort.
- Nothing to eat after midnight the night before the procedure. You may drink water up to 2 hours prior to the procedure. For example, if your procedure is at 8:00 AM, no more water after 6:00 AM.
- Wear short-sleeved, comfortable clothing, and low-heeled shoes (no flip-flops).
- No makeup on the morning of surgery. No dark nail polish.
- Patients with small children should make arrangements for the children to be cared for by someone else on the day of surgery.
- Please contact our office immediately should the possibility of pregnancy arise at any time during this care.
What to eat the day of surgery:
- While numb, eat cold soft foods that do not require chewing (smoothies, pudding, ice cream, shakes). Once the numbing medication has worn off, you may resume a normal diet as tolerated. You may use a straw. Do not eat nuts, large seeds, or popcorn until cleared by Dr. Brown.
Special Pre-Operative Instructions:
If an antibiotic and/or mouth rinse is prescribed, begin 3 days prior to the surgery date, unless otherwise stated on the prescription instructions.
We will be sending your escort home with specific instructions to your procedure. Please make sure you read these instructions later when you are more awake and refer to them as needed.