Please be advised that antibiotics and many other medications can decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills.
We will do everything we can to keep you comfortable and make you feel at ease through your surgical experience at our office.
Please follow these instructions so that you may receive the best possible care:
- Please have someone drive you to the office who will be able to drive home and stay with you the day of surgery. absolutely no driving until the day after surgery. Your escort should be prepared to stay in our reception room during your surgery.
- Please leave your cell phones at home or with your escort.
- Nothing to eat on the morning of surgery unless you are taking medications, such as hypertensive or cardiac medication. If surgery is to be done in the afternoon, you may have a light breakfast (e.g., juice, toast, coffee) but no lunch. Please drink at least one large glass of water no later than 2 hours prior to your procedure.
- Wear short-sleeved, comfortable clothing.
- Ladies — no makeup on the morning of surgery. No dark nail polish.
- If you wear contacts, please do not wear the day of surgery.
- What to Eat the Day of Surgery: While numb, eat cold, soft foods that do not require chewing (smoothies, pudding, ice cream, shakes). Once the numbing medication has worn off, you may resume a normal diet as tolerated. You may use a straw. Do not eat nuts, seeds, or popcorn until cleared by Dr. Brown.
- Patients with small children should make arrangements for the children to be cared for by someone else the day of surgery.
- Please contact our office immediately should the possibility of pregnancy arise at any time during this care.
SPECIAL PRE-OP INSTRUCTIONS: If antibiotic and/or mouth rinse is prescribed, begin 3 days prior to surgery date.
We will be sending your escort home with specific instructions to your procedure. Please make sure you read these instructions later, when you are more awake or refer to them as needed.
If you have any questions, before or after the procedure, please call (985) 643-1010 (Slidell) or (985) 624-8877 (Mandeville).