Please be advised that antibiotics and many other medications can decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills.
We will do everything we can to keep you comfortable and make you feel at ease throughout your surgical experience at our office.
Please follow these instructions so that you may receive the best possible care:
- Please have someone drive you to the office who will be able to drive you home and stay with you the day of surgery. ABSOLUTELY NO DRIVING until the day after surgery. Your escort should be prepared to stay in our reception room during your surgery.
- Please leave your cell phone at home or with your escort.
- Nothing to eat 6 hours prior to your procedure. Water only is OK up to 2 hours prior to your procedure.
- Wear short-sleeved, comfortable clothing, and low-heeled, secure-fitting shoes (NO FLIP FLOPS).
- No makeup on the morning of surgery. No dark nail polish on hands.
- What to eat the day of surgery: while numb, eat cold, soft foods that do not require chewing (smoothies, pudding, ice cream, shakes). Once the numbing medication has worn off, you may resume a normal diet as tolerated. You may use a straw. Do not eat nuts, seeds, or popcorn until cleared by Dr. Brown.
- Patients with small children should make arrangements for the children to be cared for by someone else the day of surgery.
- Please contact our office immediately should the possibility of pregnancy arise at any time during your care.
SPECIAL PRE-OP INSTRUCTIONS: If an antibiotic and/or mouth rinse is prescribed, begin 3 days prior to surgery date.
We will be sending your escort home with specific instructions for your procedure. Please make sure you read these instructions later, when you are more awake, and refer to them as needed.
If you have any questions before or after the procedure, please call (985) 643-1010 (Slidell) or (985) 624-8877 (Mandeville).