Sign the Pledge. Protect Your Head.
Thank you to everyone who signed the pledge! We hope everyone will wear a helmet for every ride, game, or sport where head trauma is possible.
We have a limited number of helmets in various sizes remaining. After you sign the pledge, please call our office at (985) 624-8877 to check availability and schedule a time to pick up your helmet at our Mandeville office during regular business hours. Remaining helmets will be distributed on a first come, first served basis. We would like to thank our partner, Trek Bicycle Mandeville, for helping us provide so many helmets to those in our community.
*Limit one free helmet per person
- Helmets reduce injuries to the face by 27%.
- The risk of a serious brain injury is lowered by 33% when a child wears a helmet.
- Wearing a helmet reduces the risk of head injuries by at least 45%.
- Bicycle fatalities are 29% less likely to occur when wearing a helmet.
- 88% of high school students reported never or almost never wearing a helmet in a 2013 study.
- Children are more likely to wear helmets when they see others doing so.