Sign the Pledge. Protect Your Head.
Helmets significantly reduce the risk of head trauma and dental injuries. Stay safe by wearing a helmet when biking or during any activity where there is a risk of head trauma.
Protect your head! Sign the pledge by October 6 for your chance to receive a free helmet. The first 100 people to sign the pledge who would like a helmet will receive a voucher for a fitted bike helmet* from our partner, Trek Bicycle Mandeville.
Helmets may be picked up on Wednesday, October 12 from 4 PM to 6 PM at our Mandeville office (102 Fontainbleau Dr, Bldg C, Mandeville, LA 70471). A representative from Trek Bicycle Mandeville will be on-site to ensure the helmet is properly fitted.
*Limit one free helmet per person
- Helmets reduce injuries to the face by 27%.
- The risk of a serious brain injury is lowered by 33% when a child wears a helmet.
- Wearing a helmet reduces the risk of head injuries by at least 45%.
- Bicycle fatalities are 29% less likely to occur when wearing a helmet.
- 88% of high school students reported never or almost never wearing a helmet in a 2013 study.
- Children are more likely to wear helmets when they see others doing so.